Sunday, July 5, 2009

Car Pic of the Day™: Spacecraft or Airplane or Detachable Boomerang Hood Ornament?

Unfortunately, I didn't get the make of this classic car - it's some sort of Buick or Chevrolet or something - since I was memorized by the chrome futuristic spacecraft or jet plane ornament on the hood. It was huge. Maybe it's a detachable boomerang. Whatever it is, I'm positive it helped the aerodynamics of the car.

Strangely, I was magnetically drawn to this car (maybe the ornament was a giant magnet?). Or maybe the fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view mirror made me stop and snap the photo? I don't know. One thing's for sure, they don't make automobiles like they used to, since there are no more spaceships or airplanes on the hoods. Too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Back in the day before the Govt safety regs did away with cool hood ornaments.

    ReplyDelete